ii) Composition of Executive Committee: The Executive Committee has been set up under the Chairmanship of the MD, NHIDCL.The composition of the EC is as under:-
- Managing Director, NHIDCL -Chairman
- Director (A&F)
- Director (Tech.)
- Executive Director – I
- Executive Director – II
- Executive Director – III
- Executive Director – IV
- Executive Director – V
In addition to the above permanent members, the General Managers who are the case presenters are also required to attend the EC meetings.
Terms of Reference of the Executive Committee
To consider all issues relating to following subjects and make appropriate recommendations for the consideration of the Competent Authority for approval.
- (i) Unforeseen situations in Bid Management & award of Contracts.
- (ii) Extension of time for various milestones during execution of civil work contracts.
- (iii) Extension of time for various DPS Consultancy Contracts.
- (iv) Extension of time for Authority’s Engineer Contracts.
- (v) Re-scheduling of appointed Date considering non-availability of land and non-receipt for Forest/Environment clearances.
- (vi) Change of scope/variation in civil work contracts within the limits prescribed.
- (vii) Applicability of IRC codes, MoRTH specifications and other guidelines.
- Design and alignment related issues in various civil works which may arise during the implementation stage.
- (ix) Interpretation of Contractual Provision made in the Contract Agreement where there is a difference of opinion between the Contractor and the Authority.
- (x) Any other issue referred by Chairman/MD, NHIDCL
The Board in its 11th meeting held on 26.07.2017 had approved the enhancement of Terms of Reference (ToR) to the Executive Committee as under: –
- i) Opening of Branch/Site office(s).
- ii) Hiring of space for office accommodation.
- iii) Deployment and compensatory support of outsourced staff.
- iv) Revision in consolidated emoluments of outsourced Engineering/Support Staff/ IT/Managerial Staff.
- v) Hiring of services of Consultant and Revision of Terms & Conditions including extensions.
- vi) Enhancing the sanctioned strength of Graduate Engineers hired through Outsourcing Agency.
- vii) Foreign Tours/ Training of officers, up to the level of Executive Directors.
- viii) Delegation of Power to ED (Project), RO-NE and EDs at NHIDCL H.Q. for according approval for hiring vehicle for Branch Offices and Site Offices.
- ix) Pay revision of employees engaged on third party Contract including Extension of Tenure of such employees.
- x) Recommendation for additional posts.
- xi) Finalization of Annual MoU Targets.
- xii) Any other Administrative/HR matter as per approval of the Director (A&F)/Managing Director.
Finance matters: –
- i) Framing of various financial policies to be implemented by NHIDCL within the DPE/GoI guidelines.
- ii) Considering proposals for relaxation of guidelines, if any.
- iii) Issues related to Contractual payment, where the opinion of the Authority Engineer & that of Branch Head differs.
- iv) The acceptability of Bank Guarantee being submitted by the contractor, with deviation in terms of period, amount and time of submission with or without penalties/ interest.
- v) Clarification in respect to non-joining/replacement of key personnel beyond the permissible limit as per clause 4.5 (c)of Contract Agreement of Authority Engineers.
- vi) Specifications regarding area, hiring of vehicle, outsourced staff etc. for fixing the Annual ceiling of the budget for HQ, Branch Offices and Site Offices.
- vii) Any other financial matter as desired by the Director (A&F)/Managing Director.